Thursday, July 14, 2011

Muscle atrophy in severe M.E.

Posted on July 1, 2011 by Jocelyn:

Once I became truly bedridden at the end of 2007, my body changed still further. Unable to walk, my muscles really started wasting. I also lost my very defined waist, which had always been a point of pride. For a while after I became bedridden, I tried to keep my weight up, but eventually I realized I was replacing muscle weight with fat weight, and so I’ve let it fall as it will.

At this point, I weigh about 111 lbs. Even at my present weight, I could stand to lose some of the fat I’ve gained around my middle. I hope to do that if I even get well enough to really walk again. And at right is the current state of my legs. They are quite thin from muscle atrophy – and because of this, I’ve learned something about those thighs that I hated for so many years.

Read more>>

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whether it is muscle sourness or skin diseases, drinking Goji Berry Juice on a regular basis can help you get rid of most of these ailments without any side effects. I have known few things about muscles atrophy but reading this article I have increased my knowledge about the same. Thanks for writing.

Regards,
Mantis Hugo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails